Trail of the Caribou & Champagne
Join well know Newfoundlanders Jeremy Charles and Mark Critch on this exceptional journey following the footsteps of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment. Then indulge yourselves exploring the great food and wine of the famous Champagne region of France.
Trail of the Caribou and Champagne-Escorted Tour 10 Day France and Belgium-May 08-17, 2020
The tour starts and ends in Paris with on tour historical commentary about the Royal Newfoundland Regiment by author Frank Gogos.
Accompanied by Jeremy Charles and Mark Critch you will spend four days completing the Trail of the Caribou. The tour then moves onto Champagne so you can explore the food and wine of this famous region.
- A guided tour at Beaumont Hamel and visit to the Caribou Memorials at Gueudecourt. Monchy-le-Preux, Masnieres and Kortrijk.
- A special visit to the Sgt. Thomas Ricketts Memorial. D'Hondt Farm, Belgium.
- Amiens Cathedral
- the ares around Ypres, including Essex Farm and Lt. Col. John McCrae's field hospital & Passchendaele
- Last Post ceremony at Menin Gate
- Vimmy Ridge and the city of Arras.
- In Champagne stay at a 5* boutique hotel and spend your days visiting iconic champagne producers and enjoying excellent meals including an exclusive cooking experience with Jeremy Charles.
- departing after a final afternoon and evening in Paris.
This Customized Tour includes: Return airfare from St John's
- 8 nights in 4 and 5 star hotels
- Transportation by luxury coach
- All breakfasts
- A minimum combination of 10 lunches and suppers in excellent restaurants.
- On tour historical guiding
- A locally hosted experience in Champagne
- services of a full time Tour Leader Concierge
- A copy of " The Royal Newfoundland Regiment in the Great War" By Frank Gogos
- Entrance to all organized activities and guided programs
Tour Price: from $6,995 CND
Single Supplement: $2,900 based on availability.
Flights from other gateways may be available for an additional cost.
A detailed Itinerary is available just call our office and request and we can email to you. 709 364 8770
all prices and itinerary subject to change without notice and subject to Universal Travel and its suppliers terms and conditions,